Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Carrot Cake


I love carrot cake. I don't make it or get it very often but I love it. It was my wedding cake, which I ate mainly by myself. What could be better? It's the perfect blend of spice and cake plus you can pretend it's healthy, carrots right? Some cream cheese frosting on top makes it perfect.


Start with some sugar. Lots of sugar.


Some oil. Here's where I wanted to drift from the recipe but I forced myself to stick to it. I wanted to change out half the oil for applesauce.


A few eggs.


Mix them all together and what do you get? A runny mess.


A few cups of flour.


A pinch of salt. I used sea salt.


Some baking powder and since baking soda is the same thing we'll count that as both.


Cinnamon, should I say more? No, I don't think I will.


Blend all together, not looking fantastic.


Doesn't that look fantastic?


All blended up and ready to go.


I was disappointed to see they had sunk in the middle.


Didn't really matter since the frosting covered it up. Want the recipe? Check out The Pioneer Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment