Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sring Decoration

I don't have a whole lot in the way of Spring decorations. I found this cute block idea and knew I had to make it.
I think they turned out pretty cute and it was easy to make. It does make it easier that my parents have all the tools I'd ever need and they live right next to me. The paper I already had, the modge podge I already had, the buttons were from my huge pile of them, and the ribbon is from my bow making. The only thing I had to go out and buy special was the 2x6 for the bigger letters.
So here are the dimensions of my blocks.
S: 7x5 1/2
P: 4x3 1/2
R: 5x5 1/2
I: 3 1/2x 4
N: 3 1/2x3 1/2
G: 6x3 1/2
For the paper I just made it the same size as the blocks and then torn them to make them look a little more rustic. I like the look better but if you want crisp lines just cut your paper 1/2 inch smaller than your blocks. I put ink around the edges of the paper to make it look a little more distressed. You can use any kind of embellishment on your blocks to make them stand out. For the flower on the S I made it by cutting out circles, making each circle smaller than the next and then crumpling and inking them. I put a small button in the middle.

The letters I used my cricut machine using the Opposites Attract cartridge. Here's the sizes:
S: 4 1/2
P: 2 1/2
R: 4
I: 3 1/3
N: 2 1/2
G: 4

Hope this helps your celebrate the season a little more. I know I love my blocks and the nice fresh colors it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment