Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Oatmeal Banana Apple Muffins

If you haven't noticed, I've been on a muffin kick lately. They are so yummy to me that I can't resist a good recipe. Even though I don't like banana's I put so little in the muffin that the taste isn't prominent. It doesn't scream banana. Of course you probably could make it scream banana if you wanted. How would I know how you wanted to torture your muffins?
I didn't take any pictures of how I made these because I am babysitting a friends son who is only a few weeks older than my youngest so I didn't have a lot of time to stop and snap pictures. I'm not sure what it is about cooking but the kids were playing so well alone and the moment I started getting things out they came rushing to the kitchen wanting to help. I had six little hands helping me on this one. They were excited to get involved and I was impressed by the little boy and his love to stir. I could tell his mom and grandma cooked a lot with him.
They were really good, healthy cupcakes and I had three little mouths who would back me up on that.

Oatmeal Banana Apple Muffins
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup white or wheat flour (I opted for wheat)
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Mix the dry ingredients together.

2 eggs
4 tablespoons oil
6 tablespoons sugar (I used honey)

In another bowl mix together eggs, oil, and sugar.

Combine the dry and wet ingredients together and fold in
2/3 cup milk

When the flour is almost incorporated mix in
1 cup mashed bananas (I just used one banana)
1 cup applesauce

Fold together until fruit is incorporated.

Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until muffins are golden brown on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment