Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Garden of Eaten

Along with cooking I love to garden. It takes a lot of time but when everything is growing and I'm harvesting my own vegetables it's all worth it. I do a lot of canning in the Fall, it's my busiest time of year. So far I've planted bell peppers, jalapeno's, carrots, peas, radish's, spinach, beets, and lettuce. We've also have fruit trees, apples, pears, and apricots. I'm excited for the apricots this year, I'm planning on trying to make my own apricot syrup. I made raspberry syrup last year and it was so delicious. I can't wait for raspberries to come on again so I can make more. This year I'm going to can jalapeno's for the first time. My brother introduced me to canned jalapeno's this last winter and I can't wait to have some of my own.
I love the satisfaction of growing and preserving my own food. It makes me happy to provide my family with food that I know where it's been and how it's prepared.
Stay tuned to see my garden grow.
One of my pepper plants in a wall of water. It's too cold for them to be without the wall of water right now. The sun heats the water and then the water heats the plants during the cold nights.
The garden spot. The stick is where I've planted to so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment