Thursday, May 19, 2011

S'more Cupcake


I couldn't get the idea of these cupcakes out of my mind. I had to make them, I've even convinced my sister to make them and converted my mom to cupcakes with them. My sister who is pregnant has even dreamed of making these cupcakes. Let's just say, they've taken over my family.
I had never made cupcakes with a filling in them before so the idea was a little new and captivating. I HAD to make them, as I mentioned earlier. Since I have two little ones I don't have a whole lot of time to devote to baking so I used a cake mix out of the box. I didn't add any improvements to it just dumped the chocolate cake mix into the bowl and then followed the directions. I like my cupcakes to be bigger than the box says so I usually only get 21-23 cupcakes out of a box. I baked them until they were done and let them cool.
Then I got creative. I winged the next part and I have to say I did no measuring, sorry. I took a whole jar of marshmallow fluff (7 oz.) crumbled up some graham crackers and mixed them together. Then I took out a steak knife and cut the middle of the cupcakes out. On these cupcakes I didn't replace the top but you're welcome to. After the cupcakes were hollowed out I scooped the marshmallow/graham cracker mixture into the cupcakes.
I used a basic chocolate buttercream frosting for the top and then added a small piece of graham cracker and a chocolate chip for the garnish. I would have used a square of Hershey's chocolate but I didn't have any. I also added a small dollop of marshmallow fluff to the top.
In the future I'll try to measure things out for those who need precise measurements. I tend to throw things together and hope they turn out. Ask my husband, he's had to suffer through some pretty awful meals, including tuna fish taco's.

No comments:

Post a Comment