Monday, May 23, 2011

Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes

I decided to try making some strawberry lemonade cupcakes yesterday. The result? Not great. I'm going to have to play around with these. I made a strawberry cake that ended up being heavy, not the light and fluffy cupcakes I usually enjoy. That was the first thing to go wrong. When I attempted the filling, a lemon pie type filling, it ended up being very, very lemony. When I got to the frosting I thought everything would straighten out and I would be able to salvage them, wrong. I started off with my usual basic buttercream frosting and then added pureed strawberries, apparently too much pureed strawberries because I then had to add 10 cups of powdered sugar! The frosting ended up being alright but it was too sweet. The cupcake ended up being fine but delicious? No. I've been thinking about how to fix the recipe all day. Once I pick up some more cupcake liners I'll be back on this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment