Monday, June 6, 2011

Root Beer BBQ Pulled Pork

One day I decided to make pulled pork sandwiches for dinner. I only had a ham roast to work with but figured it would work. The root beer makes this recipe fantastic. I normally don't have root beer on hand but I'm thinking I might just start keeping it on stock just for this recipe. Next time I'm going to try this with chicken. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did.

Ingredients:

1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
3 cups root beer
1 (18 ounce) bottle your favorite barbecue sauce
8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted

Directions:

Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker; pour 2 cups root beer over the meat. Reserve the remaining root beer for later. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours. The actual length of time may vary according to your slow cooker. An hour before serving drain the root beer from the meat and shred the meat. Return meat to crock pot, stir in barbecue sauce and the remaining root beer. Serve over hamburger buns.

Adapted from slow cooker pulled pork at allrecipes.com

Tips:
1. Our favorite barbecue sauce is Kraft's Honey but when I made this recipe I had Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbecue Sauce. I'm sure whatever kind you use will be delicious.
2. Before putting it in the crock pot you may want to rub it down with salt and pepper and garlic salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment