Saturday, August 6, 2011

Better than sex?


I decided to turn the popular cake into a cupcake. But this dessert always raises the question, is it better than sex? The name clearly says it is. I'll leave it up to you to decide.

I started off with a doctored devil's food cake mix.


Some yogurt that I needed to use. You could use sour cream.


I added water and vanilla to this mix.


Here it is all mixed up.


For the goodness that goes over the cupcake I used a can of sweetened condensed milk and 3/4 cup of caramel. I could have used the whole bottle of the caramel. I put them in a bowl together put them in the microwave for 30 seconds and mixed them up. Then I tried not to grab a cup and start chugging.


Instead of using a toothpick I used a shish kabob stick. Bigger whole, more deliciousness inside.


Here's where you can learn from my mistake. I took the cupcake and tried spooning it over the top, hoping it would soak in and it did except the cupcake was messy. Caramel and sweetened condensed milk everywhere. This is where I learned from my mistake. I took out my piping bag and piped in the liquid. A lot easier than spooning it over top. I put some of the caramel/sweetened condensed milk on top of the cake so the toffy bar would stick.


I tried to put as many on top as I could.


I took a tub of cool whip and piped it on top.

Ingredients:
1 devil's food cake mix
1 cup yogurt
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

1 can 14 oz condensed milk
3/4 cup caramel (ice cream topping)

Microwave for 30 seconds and pipe into cupcakes

1 tub cool whip for frosting

No comments:

Post a Comment