Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Mix Up

I grew up on the mix up and love it. We always had it when my dad was gone because he didn't like it. It's an easy meal or side dish to make.


I went out to my garden and dug up some potatoes, peeled them and boiled them until they were soft when poked with a fork.


After the potatoes are done you put them on your plate and mash them with a fork.


When I got my potatoes I also grabbed some lettuce, cleaned it and then put it on top of the mashed potatoes.


I made a sauce and put it on top. I'm not sure if the sauce has a name or not. Something we've always made in our family. Throw some onions on top if you would like. Make as many potatoes as you think you're family will eat and as much lettuce as your family will eat.

Ingredients:
Potatoes
Lettuce
Onions (optional)
1/2 cup miracle whip
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup milk

No comments:

Post a Comment