Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Grilled Pizza

When it's hot outside and hot inside (no air conditioning), the last thing I really want to do is make pizza in the oven. Pizza is one of our favorite foods so it's hard to go all summer without any. Our solution, grill the pizza.


You can buy pizza dough or you can make it. I make mine in mine in a bread maker that's all I have, (hint to the husband that I'd like a Bosch)


Here the dough is all ready to go.


It's important to get all your toppings ready to go before you start your dough. You'll need to be watching your dough while it cooks so you don't burn it. Our favorite pizza is BBQ pineapple chicken but I was feeling adventurous so I decided to make one we've never had before, I'm not sure of the name but it had onions, peppers, tomatoes (all fresh from my garden), bacon, chicken, and ranch. It was really yummy, I'm going to have to make that again.


Here everything is ready to go. Before I got to this point I went out and cleaned my grill. I started the grill got it hot and then sprayed it so the dough wouldn't stick.


I put the dough on the grill and waited for the bottom to be done and then flipped it.



Here are both pizza's ready for the cheese. I put the BBQ sauce and ranch on after all the other toppings. You wouldn't think it makes a difference but trust me, it does.


Here it is with the cheese!


Here they are all done and ready to be eaten. I hope you give pizza on the grill a try, it's fantastic.

Ingredients for the dough:
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup lukewarm water
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons yeast

Mix well. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes. Put on pizza pan, prick surface with fork. Bake at 500 degrees for 10 minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment