Monday, February 6, 2012

Jalepeno Popper Dip

This was such a yummy dish and easy to make. I love jalapeno popper's which really is a big deal since growing up we never got spicy food. My mom is so anti-spicy it's scary. She's sent food back for being too spicy or forced my dad to trade meals with her. We never went to Mexican food and if we did we just got the nachos, guaranteed not to be spicy.

This dip really was just like eating a jalapeno popper on a cracker. Start out with a can of green chilies and a can of jalapenos. I used some frozen ones I had from my garden so I didn't measure how much I used.
Next add some room temperature cream cheese.
Then some Parmesan cheese.
Then some mayonnaise.
Top it off with some cheddar cheese. Then turn on your food processor until it's smooth.
 Here it is smooth. I could have ate it that way.
But it needed a topping so I held back. The topping is panko bread crumbs (found in the Asian food section) and Parmesan cheese.
Then you melt some butter and pour it on top. Take some Ritz crackers and enjoy.

Ingredients:
1 8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 4 oz can green chilies
1 4 oz can sliced jalapenos

Directions:
Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into a 2 quart casserole dish.

Topping:
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 stick butter melted

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix the panko bread crumbs and the Parmesan cheese together. Pour over the cream cheese mixture. Melt butter and pour over the panko bread crumbs.
Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges bubbly gently. Make sure not to over cook or the mayonnaise will separate.

You can double the recipe for a larger crowd.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment