Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Applebee's Blondies with Maple Butter Sauce


Last weekend I was in Utah visiting my sister after she had her first baby. She was coming home in the afternoon and my mom and I were talking about what we should make her. She loves brownies and I was perusing bakerella's website to see if she had anything when I came across these and had to make them. http://www.bakerella.com/dining-out-dessert/ Plus my sister has a dishwasher and my mom was there to do the dishes. I could bake and make a mess but avoid the consequence of dishes. Bakerella found this recipe from the Secret Recipe Blog http://www.recipesecrets.net/blog/recipes/copycat-applebees-walnut-blondie-with-maple-butter-sauce/, here's the recipe. These are supposed to have walnuts in them but unfortunately some people aren't fans of walnuts so I had to leave them out, plus I'm not sure my sister had any. So if you're a fan of walnuts you should definitely add them!


First I gathered all the ingredients to make sure I had everything. You never know when baking at a different house. Now the original recipe calls for white chocolate chips but all I could find were milk chocolate until my sister came home and told me she had them. Of course they were sitting right where I could see them, Murphy's law I guess.


First I mixed all the dry ingredients. Normally I just throw everything in together but hey, I wasn't doing dishes.


I took another bowl, melted the butter and then added the brown sugar.


I mixed them together and got the egg to put in. I thought the egg was being pretty difficult to open when I finally got it to break apart this is what I found.


A hard boiled egg! I was pretty surprised.


There we go, a non hard boiled egg, that works better. I added the vanilla and . . .


Mixed.


I slowly added the dry ingredients and . . .


Mixed. This time I had to grab a spoon.


Now for the good stuff, the chocolate! I wish I would have used the white chocolate I think it would have been better, not that the milk chocolate wasn't heavenly.


Then I found a 9 inch pan and baked it.


While they were baking it I made the maple butter sauce. I found some maple syrup, the recipe says to use pure maple syrup but I didn't have that so I used regular and it turned out fine. I also used lite butter which worked well. Next time I would cut a little of the butter out.

Then I tried to patiently wait for the blondies to finish.


Finally!

I had to drive the 3 hours home after eating these and I couldn't stop thinking about them. I will have to make these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment