Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Huckleberry Syrup


Last Fall we went huckleberry picking. The Idaho state fruit and since I'm from Idaho it fits. I froze some and decided I needed to use them up. I'm saving the other ones for when I make raspberry huckleberry jam.


I took the huckleberries and put them in the blender with 1/4 cup of water to make a smoother mixture.


Then put them in a pot and turned the burner on to medium-low. I then added 1/2 cup sugar. I took 1 cup water and 2 Tablespoons corn starch and mixed them together to thicken the syrup. Then I mixed it all together until it thickened.

Ingredients:
1 cup huckleberries
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 tablespoons corn starch

Directions:
Combine the huckleberries and water in blender until smooth. Put in saucepan on medium-low heat.

Add sugar. Take water and corn starch and combine. Add to huckleberries. Stir until thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment