Saturday, July 30, 2011

White Chocolate Cupcakes


Moist, crumbly, delectable. I couldn't help but eating several of them. These were the most time consuming cupcakes I've ever made but they were worth it. My sister is blessing her baby and I've taken over volunteered to help with the dessert table. The theme is white and I thought white chocolate cupcakes would be perfect but since I've never made them before I wanted to try them out. I had a friend retire and thought it would be a great excuse to make these cupcakes.


First I combined the flour, baking powder, and salt together.


I creamed the butter and sugar together, this part reminded me of making cookies.


Just before I melted the chocolate.


I mixed the milk and sour cream together and set it aside.


I went back to the butter and sugar and added the egg whites one at a time. This is where a kitchen aide would come in handy. Just start pouring things in, instead I have to use my hand mixer.


I added the clear vanilla.


The best part, adding the chocolate. I may have licked the spoon and bowl after that, may have.


I added part of the flour and mixed it in.


Added part of the milk and sour cream, mixed it in and then finished with the rest of the flour and milk and sour cream.


All mixed together.


This is the step I worried about, I thought adding the water was going to ruin the whole batter. Thank heaven it all worked out.


All done, now just to stick it in the oven.


The cupcakes turned out a little flat but who cares when they taste so delicious.


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 egg whites
1 tsp. clear vanilla
4 oz. or 1/2 cup white chocolate
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup hot water

Directions:
Sift together the flour baking powder and salt. Set aside.
Mix milk and sour cream together and set aside.
Cream butter and sugar together. Add egg whites to the butter and sugar mixture, blend together. Add vanilla and blend together. Melt chocolate and then add to butter sugar mixture.
Add the flour and milk alternating to the butter and sugar mixture.
Once everything is added to the batter add the hot water last and mix until everything is incorporated.
Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes. Makes around 12.

Frosting:
4 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup butter
1 oz. or 1/8 cup white chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 teaspoons milk
2-3 cups powder sugar

Directions:
Soften cream cheese. Mix cream cheese and butter together. Add white chocolate, vanilla, and milk mix together. Add powder sugar and mix together.

No comments:

Post a Comment