Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sweet Pickle Potato Salad


President Joseph Fielding Smith's birthday was on July 19th and I read somewhere that he liked sweet pickles, I had no idea how to incorporate sweet pickles into a meal until I thought of my mom and her recipe for potato salad that she adds sweet pickles too. So, in honor of President Joseph Fielding Smith here is sweet pickle potato salad.



I started with a stock of celery chopped.


Then I went out and pulled an onion from my garden.


I boiled two eggs and chopped those up.


I chopped up half a cup of sweet pickles, I made these ones and then fourth a cup of the juice


I chopped up my fresh onion and added the green parts too.


After I boiled my potatoes until they broke apart easily with a fork I added them to my mix.


Then I added the bacon, yummy!


Mix it all up . . .


Then I added the miracle whip, you can add mayonnaise, whatever you like best. The sour cream and the ranch. I added these just before serving.


The next time I make this I'll cut out a little of the miracle whip and sour cream.

Ingredients:
1 pound russet potatoes
3 hard boiled eggs
6 pieces of bacon
1 small onion chopped
1 stalk celery
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup miracle whip or mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup sweet pickles
1/4 cup sweet pickle juice
4 tablespoons ranch

Directions:
Take the skin off the potatoes and cut them up to boil them. Once they are soft enough for the fork to easily go through them drain the water. Set aside until cool.
Cook bacon.
Chop onion, celery, and pickles.
Mix everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment