Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes


I made these for my husband's family picnic at work. We thought these might be fun for all the kids that were going to be there. I found this recipe on http://thedoctorsdishesdessertsdecor.blogspot.com/2010/09/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-cupcakes.html and thought they looked fantastic.

I sent my husband to the store and he came back with three huge tubes of cookie dough. I thought he was way off base buying three but I ended up using two but having lots of cookies left over. I guess he knows better than I do. Don't let him know that though. While I was making the balls for the middle of the cupcakes I munched on the cookie dough and even gave it to my 14 month to eat. After I made the cookies I sat on the couch and munched on the cookie dough some more. It wasn't until I was putting it in the refrigerator that I noticed in big letters, DO NOT CONSUME RAW COOKIE DOUGH. Ooops.


I made the cookies the night before so that I wouldn't have to do everything all at once, plus it spread the dishes out.

Time for the will power.


For the cupcakes I used one yellow cake mix with the pudding in the mix. I added 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (it was an organic natural sugar kind from Nancy's), one cup of milk (not pictured, I like to claim that the children steal brain cells), 3 eggs, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, and one teaspoon vanilla.


I wanted to try the yogurt since I've never tried it in a cupcake before plus we have two huge containers in the fridge that need to be used (that's probably the real reason).


Not pretty.


Here's where the cookie dough comes in, I took the idea from Cupcakes! from the Cake Mix Doctor. She suggests you freeze the cookie dough and then put it in the middle. I tried this and couldn't figure out why it mattered, all the cookie dough ended up on the bottom. Freezing it was a good idea though, after cooking the cupcake, the cookie dough doesn't get cooked all the way and is gooey and delicious.

One the right is the cookie dough just placed in and on the left is the cookie dough covered.

This is what it looks like after it was cooked.


See, all at the bottom.

Time for the frosting. I got this recipe from the http://thedoctorsdishesdessertsdecor.blogspot.com/2010/09/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-cupcakes.html same website as before. It was a different recipe than I'm used to. Definitely interesting. Not a huge fan of the frosting, it ended up being grainy with the brown sugar. It wasn't a very sweet frosting either with the flour.


I used one and a half cups of butter Crisco instead of butter, so they tell you to add some water, that's why there is water in the picture.


Creamed the two together.


Added some powdered sugar.


All done.

Ingredients:
1 yellow cake mix with pudding
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1 cup milk
3 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tubes chocolate chip cookie dough

Take one tube chocolate chip cookie dough, form 24, 2 inch balls and freeze.

Mix everything together except the chocolate chip cookie dough. Put batter in cupcake pan and cook at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes. Cool before frosting.

Frosting:
3 sticks butter or 1 1/2 cups butter Crisco
3/4 cup brown sugar
3-4 cups powder sugar
1 cup flour
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla

Cream together butter and brown sugar. Add the powder sugar and combine till smooth. Add the flour, milk and vanilla. Mix together until smooth.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment