Saturday, January 7, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars

What could be better than chocolate chip cookie dough and cheesecake? Cheesecake is my all time favorite dessert although I don't make it very often. The smoothness that seems to melt in your mouth gets me every time.
 Start out with a typical graham cracker crust and line the pan with tin foil. Now if you don't want to make these into bars and just want to cut them out of the pan. Then by all means just put the graham cracker crust in the pan. I'll leave that up to you, after all you are an adult and you can make decisions, right?
Combine your butter, brown sugar, salt, sugar, and vanilla into one happy little bowl. Don't they look like they're having fun?
Now you get to crush them, literally. Take a blender or kitchen aid and cream them together. Don't worry they won't hold it against you. When they see what they've become they'll actually thank you.
Now add the flour until it's incorporated. I was a little worried here because look at it, it's very dry.
 One of the best parts, chocolate chips. Add liberally.
 Put the cookie dough aside let it think about what a fantastic treat it will be in your belly. Now it's time to work on the cheesecake. Are you shaking with excitement?
I messed up here, I admit it. I made a mistake. Like usual I failed to thoroughly read the instructions, get's me every time. Instead of just blending the cream cheese and sugar together I blended the egg and vanilla in at the same time. I know I'm awful. It still turned out for me so I'm leaving this one up to you, again.
All mixed together in a creamy goodness that you just want to drink, except you'll need to put on some restraint since there are eggs in there.
 Pour over the graham cracker crust.
Now you take your cookie dough and form teaspoon clumps and put on top of the cheesecake. I don't have much patience and teaspoon sized clumps wasn't working for me so I just grabbed some dough formed it and threw it on top.
Here it is all done, here's where the teaspoon sized clumps would have worked better but it all goes in the same place right? Thankfully the tinfoil came off easily and I just had to cut it.
 Looks fantastic.
In case you needed a second shot, here it is. Now, go into the kitchen and start baking!

You'll find the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment